Interesting facts about Písek
- Písek is a place withe the oldest preserved bridge in the Czech Republic.
- Písek was probably the first bohemian town where the famous Hussite vats were placed, where the residents gave their valuables.
- Písek became the first place in the Bohemia to acquire permanent public electric lighting – on June 23, 1887 František Křižík illuminated the town center.
- The independent Czechoslovak Republic was proclaimed in Písek on 14 October 1918, i.e. 2 weeks ahead from the rest of the country.
- Písek has a number of poetic names – the South Bohemian Athens, the town of schools and students, the town of pensioners, the Mecca of violinists, the town in the sea of forests…